- "His 'shimmer' effect on 'With Or Without You' and 'If God Will Send His Angels' is achieved with his old AMS delay"
- The AMS besides being an digital delay has the pitchshifting capability that is necessary to acheive this 'shimmer'
tone. It seems that he first came across this effect during the recording of 'The Unforgettable Fire' album in 1984. Listen
to the shimmering tones of 'A Sort of Homecoming'. While I've not confirmed it, I believe that shimmer on 'The Unforgettable
Fire' album is from this unit.
- The January 2001 'Beautiful Gear' article in Guitar Player states that he uses 2 of these units. (2)
- Live: 'With Or Without You', 'If God Will Send His Angels'. (1)
- 'Alive and Kicking' by Mark Cunningham [p.179] (1)
- 'Beautiful Gear (Guitar Player. Jan 2001) [p.102] (2)